- Remove Venom from Bites and Pus from Boils
- Correct Imbalances in Internal Bio Field such as restoring flow of QI or Qi Energy.
- Dispel Wind(feng)/Cold, Headaches,
- Dispel Dizziness and Abdominal pain
- Respiratory, Digestive Pain, Gynecological Issues
- Blood Pressure
- Today, Traditional Medicine Cupping is still a very popular medical treatment and performed by Traditional Chinese Medical Doctor’s, Acupuncturists and Chiropractors, and Medical Practitioners of other Medicine Practices.
Below is a brief rendering of the 12 Meridians along the upper posterior body. Acupuncturists will place acupuncture needles or cups along the accupoints along a specific body system meridian to unblock or free up the energy pathway. It is a very complicated system far beyond the depths of this course, but it is important for you to know and be able to explain the basic differences between Myofascial Decompression Cupping and the Medical Practice of Chinese Medicine or other Medical Practices of Cupping.
Chinese Traditional Cupping targets the 12 meridians in the body to induce healing.
Traditional Cupping is a practice of Medicine and is OUTSIDE of the Scope of Practice of the Massage Therapists Licensure.
- When Modern, Massage or Myofascial Decompression Cupping became more popular, criticism was given by Traditional Practitioners and people familiar with Tradtitional Cupping due to the cupping marks not appearing on specific acupoints. You will see in the next lesson that Massage or Myofascial Decompression Cupping uses the western allopathic beliefs and work along the fascial pathways, muscle groups, joints and lymphatic pathways.